- University of Pittsburgh School of Law
J.D. awarded 1991
- Appellate Moot Court - Finalist
- Carnegie Mellon University
B.A. awarded 1987
- Fried, Kane, Walters, Zuschlag & Grochmal, Partner (1997 – present); (associate 1991 - 1996)
- Practice devoted exclusively to representing employers and insurance carriers in all aspects of PA workers’ compensation. This included managing various firm accounts and educating our clients on nuances and changes in workers’ compensation law.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Employer Offsets
- Earning Power Assessment Litigation
- Course of Employment Litigation
- Retirement Litigation
- Insurance Companies
- Nursing Homes and Care Providers
- Public and Governmental Entities
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section, Chair 2006-2007
- Workers’ Compensation Section, Vice-Chair 2005-2006
- Workers’ Compensation Section, Secretary 2004-2005
- Workers’ Compensation Section, Treasurer 2003-2004
- Workers’ Compensation Section, Board Member 2002-2003
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Pennsylvania Self-Insurers’ Association
- Admitted to practice in all Pennsylvania State Courts; United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania; and United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Speaker - Fried, Kane, Walters, Zuschlag & Grochmal client seminars Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 1993 - Present
- Speaker – Lorman Business Center, Inc. "Topics in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation," ADA, FLMA and Workers’ Compensation in Pennsylvania," "Advanced Workers’ Compensation in Pennsylvania," "Cost-Effective Strategies for Managing Problematic Workers’ Compensation Claims in Pennsylvania," and "Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Update" seminars Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Mechanicsburg, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1995 – 2011.
- Speaker – Applied Risk Services, Inc., 2006 – 2011
- Speaker – State Workers’ Insurance Fund, 1996 – present
- Speaker – Inservco Insurance Services, Inc. 1992 – present
- Speaker – Royal Insurance, "Workers’ Compensation and the Impact of the Americans with Disabilities Act", 1992
- Speaker – Pennsylvania Bench Bar Conference, "Earning Power Assessments: A Legal Update" 2003; "PA Workers’ Compensation and Surveillance" 2006
Significant Appellate Decisions:
- Superior Lawn Care v. WCAB (Hoffer), 878 A.2d 936 (Pa. Commw. 2005).
- Ralph Greco v. WCAB (Classic Carpet Co.,) 625 A.2d 1273 (Pa. Commw. 1993).
- Montgomery Tank Lines and Protective Insurance Co. v. WCAB (Humphries), 792 A.2d 6 (Pa. Commw 2002).
- Jennie Boozer v. WCAB (Charming Shoppes, Inc.)
- Dowty Corporation v. WCAB (McKelvey)
- Seward Mann v. WCAB (A.R. Scalise Company)
Rhonda A. Rudman